Spring is our primary recreational season for players of all skill levels who are seeking a fun and friendly softball environment with an emphasis on skill development, teamwork and sportsmanship. Depending on the number of players who register, DYSA provides up to six (6) different age divisions – 6U tee-ball, 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U.
- Spring season is open to any girl who lives in Davis and is between the ages of 4 ½ and 16 years old. Determination of the proper age division for a player is based on the player’s age on December 31st of the previous calendar year. Special consideration to play up or down into another division may be granted on an individual basis. If you would like to have your child considered for an age-group variance, please contact the DYSA President.
- Games will start mid-March and go through mid-May.
- By mid-February, after the team selection and coach assignment process, all players will be contacted by coaches with team assignment, first team meeting information and practice day/times.
- Practices usually start late February, and will be held at various times throughout the week. 6U tee-ball practices are held one (1) time per week, while older divisions usually practice two (2) times per week.
- The season typically consists of two (2) games per week and an end of the season tournament. The exception is 6U-teeball which only plays one (1) time per week, and those games are usually played on Saturday mornings.
- 6U age division plays exclusively at one of our DYSA fields (Community Park Field A or B, and Slide Hill Park). Practices are held at various parks around town.
- 8U-16U division practices and games are held at one of our DYSA fields (Community Park Field A or B, and Slide Hill Park), as well as some out of town games with other recreational teams within the greater Sacramento Region.
Deadlines & Fees
Spring 2017 will be announced in Fall 2016.